Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Fendi Baglady's Tale


handbags
Originally uploaded by aitchbee.
One of my favourite episodes of "Sex and the City" is the one in which Carrie runs the risk of losing her apartment. She makes the quip that she may soon be a baglady, but at least she'll be a Fendi baglady. I've always liked that. And it's starting to ring true to me.

I know I've only been here a week, and I shouldn't put too much pressure on myself, but I need to ramp up activity to find myself somewhere to live.

I'm seeing two apartments this weekend, and waiting on callbacks from two others. But nothing ever happens quickly. And just living here over the week has made me a bit of a snob about what I'm looking for.

I know I want to live here because even though many of the men here are gay, they're very cute. Plus there are fab restaurants, coffee shops, and clothing stores just a few blocks away. And it's a 30 minute walk to the zoo, and a 10 minute bus ride into the city (in good traffic, granted).

I don't mind sharing with people, but I want to meet them (and see the apartment) before I commit to anything. Am happy to take a trip out to Ikea to furnish a bedroom if ABSOLUTELY necessary. But obviously my ideal place would be one in which I can hurl my (many) suitcases onto my bed, unpack, and move in.

This is proving a tricky and frustrating search. But I shall prevail. More news to follow.

No comments: