Monday, September 26, 2005

Meeting Mario in Milano


The New Look
Originally uploaded by Miss Gab.
While I’ve been holidaying with my family, I’ve also had to work out how to arrange my US visa for the Chicago trip. The US embassy in London wants me to come and see them on 4 and 5 October to get my visa, only to fly out to Chicago from Glasgow on 6 October. Tight deadline? You’re not kidding.

So I have been kind of tense these last few days, and my Mum thought it would be nice to treat me to a haircut. I thought it was a great idea, not only because it would be my first haircut in 6 months, but also because I knew that such pampering would cheer me up.

About a block away from the Milano Centrale train station is Mario's salon. God knows what it is really called, but Mario is the chief stylist, and the only person in the whole salon who speaks English. I showed him my passport photo, and he agreed to copy it.

He did a pretty good job actually, and I’m really happy with the cut. A bit ‘Stepford Wives’ perhaps, but that might just be the rather boofy hairdrying effort. In any case, I have to agree with Mario that the colour needs a little work. Baby steps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo Gab!

Love the sunnies - when do I get to wear them? I'm tiring of your wardrobe now. Am looking for something new and I think your sunnies would go beautifully with some of my/your outfits at home. :)

Anonymous said...

Photos are great Gab in your flicker thing. Keep them coming!!

Unknown said...

Is that a new necklace? As with your other commentator I have become intimately familiar with your wardrobe and don't recall having seen it before?? I like it - you're familiar with my subtle hints - no?

Unknown said...

New sunnies from Accesorize and new necklace from Venice. Ahh you girls never miss a beat!