Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Griswolds


Mike, Rae & Redda
Originally uploaded by Miss Gab.
I am a good postcard sender, and some readers of this blog may be more intimately aware of this than others.

But this particularly family holiday has made me aware that I inherited this trait from my mother. Here she is, in the middle of this pic, standing with my Dad and my aunt.

Mum's cards have been referring to our conduct on this junket, only partly in jest I'm sure, to the Griswolds. Yes, the family headed up by Chevy Chase in the 'National Lampoons' movies.

We've caught every form of transport there is, been lost on most of it, reoriented ourselves, and got lost again. We've sampled all kinds of foods, tested all kinds of beds, ran around to get wet under all kinds of showerheads, and lived to tell the tale.

Right now we're in Milan, but we've only just arrived so there is no story to tell. Yet.

Until then, this is Junior Griswold signing off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well looking at Dad in the Colesseum photo with the hat he's wearing, it's like Clarke doing the Fritz and Sauce dance when he gets into the fight with the other male dancers.....

Nice hat Mikey! :)

Unknown said...

Postcards aplenty and it sounds like a fabulous journey - not as fabulous as it would be if I were there but faboooooolous none the less!

Unknown said...

Haha I forgot the Fritz and Sauce dance that Clark does. Yes Dad has been wearing that hat a lot. But he is getting a decent tan on his arms and is considering going topless in the Cinque Terre. I will not be taking photos of that.

Anonymous said...

Mikey the most beautiful man in the Kosmos is going topless huh? hubba hubba. hahahah