Monday, August 08, 2005

Sleighbells ring, are you listening?


The gorgeous postman arrived on Saturday afternoon and deposited a lovely white, business-sized envelope that heralded the joyous news that I am the proud owner of a Scottish bank account!

And it's all timed quite well with the plans that are afoot in the Massie household. Andrea and I are working on Betty to come with us to a Christmas market this year. Well aware that it is only August, we nevertheless have to be organised about these things. There are flights to be booked, accommodation to be secured, and Christmas lists to draft and re-draft.

Given our globetrotting to date, AB and I are leaning towards Germany, home to the world's oldest Christmas market. But I can also see the appeal in visiting Salzburg, so AB and I can croon along to 'The Sound of Music' ditties. Then there is Prague and Bruges, that also present viable options. I was even considering a day trip to Lapland, to ride a sleigh and look for Santa in the Arctic Circle. How cool (literally) would that be? Oh, the decisions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Och aye me bonney !!! Now ye can pay the taxes the same as the rest of us