Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Reflections in a puddle

In my old age, I have started to get rather sentimental about things. I've become intolerant and, to borrow a word from the Alabama-ites, curmudgeony.

But I've also become inspired, most recently by my friend Groovy Gem. Now based in London, Gem delights her email contacts with a semi-regular 'What's Hot and What's Not' list, derived from her UK experience to date.

In the interests of all-out copycatting, with no copyright dues paid, I hereby present to you the 'What's Hot and What's Not in Scotland' list:
WHAT'S HOT
  • The accent
  • Pork rinds
  • Diet Coke with lime
  • Lemon drizzle cake from ASDA
  • Armand's home-made spaghetti
  • The train system
WHAT'S NOT
  • The weather
  • The customer service
  • Only having one ladies toilet at my worksite
  • The men in Paisley
  • The bus system

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to ignore the reference to begging for wine. It was not my finest hour, but I put forward the most convincing case I could given the circumstances.

And you didn't like waiting in line for 45 mins for cold toast and slippery scrambled eggs? Wimp.