Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Come on, Friday

Now it's not that I don't like my job at the University, it's just that I don't like being bored. And it seems a scary coincidence that I am REALLY bored at the Uni. I have decided to stick out my 4-week additional placement, then look for something more inspiring, and something that pays a little better. I figure I can be shallow on my gap year, and go where the cash is.

Eiffel Tower

The cash I have saved so far is taking me to Paris this Friday, to enjoy a glamorama lunch half-way up the Eiffel Tower, at the ritzy Le Jules Verne restaurant.

Kate tells me that to access the restaurant, we need to sashay down (or up?!) a red carpet, past the tourists waiting to climb the Tower's forty million stairs. As patrons of the restaurant, we are transferred by an elevator. La-dee-da.

I am also promised substantially better weather in Paris this time of year. You might recall that when I arrived in February, and then re-appeared in May, the weather alternated between Siberian gulag, and semi-sunny comfort. I already know that the company will be first-class, so here's hoping for some consistent sunshine, accompanied by some mouth-watering (and pronouncable) dishes.

Bon appetit!

2 comments:

kilabyte said...

Remember, no bungy jumping from the Tower - well, not on a full tummy at least.

Jess and Peter said...

We've been enjoying your blog posts and your site is looking fantastic. I want that weather thing! I had an inkling you must not be all that pressured at work.

Have a great time in Paris this weekend. Big hello to AB too.