Sunday, February 06, 2005

A New Year is something to crow about

At midnight on 8 February 2005, the Chinese community around the world will celebrate the dawn of the Year of the Rooster.


Rooster
Originally uploaded by tink007.

According to the Chinese calendar, roosters are organised, excellent time-keepers, love money, and are show-offs. Coupled with this, they are usually always right - and don't they know it!

As someone born in the year of the Snake, I enjoy fine food and get-togethers. I therefore plan to live up to this reputation and join in Chinese New Year celebrations tomorrow night.

Having been born with Wood as my lucky Chinese sign, it would appear that my "lucky times" are between 3am and 7am (I say nothing), and apparently sour foods and vegetables are good for me, but I neverthless have to watch my nervous system and gall bladder. Yeh I'll do that.

Check out the Chinese Fortune website to determine what will come your way in 2005, and particularly what body parts you'll need to watch this year!

Happy Chinese New Year to all!


1 comment:

kilabyte said...

Bah humbug!!!