Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Madam, you're not qualified

I stared in disbelief at the email on my computer screen. The Scottish recruitment agency told me that while my qualifications are certainly impressive, they don't believe I am qualified for any of the jobs currently on their books. What the?!
Okay I've never had an over-inflated sense of my own abilities, but surely even I could have something to contribute to a Scottish PR firm. But it would appear not to be the case at this current time. Nothing annoys me more than those "thanks but no thanks" template emails. Grrr.
But I am not going to be dissauded. I will go and see these temp people when I arrive in Europe, and take a tray of cupcakes if that's what it takes to impress. Clearly Uni qualifications and job experience isn't cutting it. Start praying for them now, people, cause they don't have a clue what's coming. Bwahahaha!!!!

3 comments:

kilabyte said...

Boy .... now they've done it. They've awakened the Bwhahahaha monster ......... it will take more than a cold Coopers Pale Ale and a pie with sauce to put that Genie back in its box. Probably set Scottish/Ozzy relationships back .....oh..... all of 10 seconds??

Unknown said...

Too right. Actually I'm a bit more concerned about making cupcakes. In what weird universe would THAT ever happen?!

Unknown said...

And I assumed it would be a trip to the closest bakery. With that attitude they deserve day old pre-nibbled cupcakes!