Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Tell her she's dreamin'...

I had another weird dream last night. I actually have 'psychic' dreams (of sorts) more often than not, and I derive comfort from most of them. Last night I had a really strange one that didn't really become clear to me until I talked it over with Dad this morning.

The dream last night focussed on Dad and I riding our new Vespas to the shops (neither of us have Vespas in real life of course), and I was finding mine really hard to ride. It was hard to control the gears and I kept feeling like I was accelerating too fast in spurts. But I had put that down to being an inexperienced rider. When we pulled up at the shops, Dad parked his bike and went inside. I removed my helmet and stopped to look at the bike to see whether my problems with it were the bike's fault. Then a guy materialised, who would have been about 40 years old, and introduced himself as Sam. He said he was a bike mechanic, and the problem with my Vespa was that the back wheel was hanging too low and was out of alignment with the rest of the bike. He said he could fix it, and I wouldn't need to worry any more. I was so comfortable with him, so I took his business card and agreed to take my bike to see him.

So that was basically the dream, and I woke up feeling quite OK. Talking to Dad about it this morning, he thought that the new bike had something to do with travelling by myself (given that you drive motorbikes alone more often than not), and I was feeling apprehensive because I'd never ridden a bike before, and I've never travelled alone for so long before. Okay I understand all that. But what about the mechanic?! Well my uncle was named Sam and he passed away about 2.5 years ago. Was he telling me through my dream that everything was going to be OK and he'd look after me while I was away? I don't know, but I think I feel good about the idea...

No comments: